Monday, August 18, 2014

GreenWorks 25112 13 Amp 21-Inch Lawn Mower

All work well. The GreenWorks 25112 13 Amp 21-Inch Lawn Mower is under advertised as far as I'm concerned. This summer for some reason the motor had a serious mechanical problem. Then I came across the Greenworks 21" version. 13Amp motor (2hP gas equivalent with a wider torque range) Large wheels on the back to make turning easy, light and $200, cheaper than the gas equivalent I was looking at. No Oil, No Gas.
Discount on Greenworks 25112 13 Amp 21-Inch 3 in 1 Electric Lawn Mower

I have one extension cord at the right grade and one that is a bit lower. Also the cables are a pain the first few times you mow. I learned eventually to start close to where the cord was plugged in and always turn the machine in the direction away from the cord when turning around. Otherwise having to reorganize the cord was an absolute nuisance.

  • Powerful 13 Amp Electric Motor delivers enough power to cut through the toughest grass
  • Durable steel 21-Inch cutting deck gets the job done quicker and more efficiently
  • 3-in-1 feature provides multiple options for grass clippings from rear bagging, side discharge and mulching capabilities for versatile needs
  • 7 position height adjustment offers a range of cutting height from 1-3/4-Inch to 3 3/4-Inch for the perfect cut on all grass types
  • 10-Inch rear wheels and 7-Inch front wheels
Not too noisy, easy to push with nice big wheels especially since my lawn is at a angle of about 25 degrees, no maintenance required (plug and use, no messy gasoline/oiling the engine), Just make sure you get a nice 12 gauge 100 feet long extension cord, depending on the size of your property. At first, using a cord was somewhat annoying.

After my second mowing, I adjusted my mowing route/method so that the cord does not get in the way and I can mow my entire lawn requiring only minor cord adjustments. Saving me about $80/month hiring a person to mow my lawn. Time will tell.

Pros:
  • - Noticeably more lightweight than our 6.5hp gas mower.
  • - Metal mowing deck
  • - Single-lever adjustable height.
  • - Appears very clean and well put together.
  • - No odors or fumes while or after mowing.
  • - Very quiet.
  • - Very easy and convenient to stop the mower and start back up when needed.
  • - Great at mulching the grass, seems to have plenty of mowing power.
  • - Collapsing the handle is rather convenient with the quick-release levers located midway down.
  • - I don't have to worry if I filled up the gas can or checked the oil level/spark plug/ etc.
Cons:
  • - Rubber grip handle tears easily, seems cheap.
  • - Yes, having a power cord is kind of a pain, but it's a minor complaint compared to the advantages.
The GreenWorks 25112 13 Amp 21-Inch Lawn Mower seems to cut through the grass very easily, and I feel I'm not working too hard pushing it around. I suggest emptying the grass catch bag every 5 to 10 minutes: it's just extra weight to push, and too much weight may distort the hooks that hold the bag to the body of the mower.

I had to improvise as far as the extension cord-retaining gizmo. I'm using a 100-foot-long 12-gauge power extension cord (as recommended), but the gizmo for retaining it is too small. Excellent price/buy and highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment